- At Acacia, we understand the value of academics and try to facilitate a studious environment at all times. Academically, our house’s cumulative GPA consistently places us among the top 20 fraternities on campus.
- Brotherhood and the strong bond between our actives is what makes Acacia different from other fraternities. Trust, cooperation, and respect between every active creates a very comfortable environment to undertake any project or activity.
- The social scene at Acacia is extremely active. We typically have about 4-5 parties each semester, including our annual Night on the Nile Party in April. Two formals are also on the events calendar each semester. Actives host mixers with sororities, O St nights, and countless other brotherhood events.
- Acacia’s involvement in campus activities and and community service has earned it numerous honors from both University of Nebraska and Acacia Fraternity. Along with our “Santa’s College Days” philanthropy event held every December, Acacia’s motto of “Human Service” promotes community involvement.
- We at Acacia participate in almost every sport; earning respect on the field among the other fraternities. Softball, volleyball, and ice hockey are just a few of the sports that we excel at.
- Approximately 80 percent of the top executives of Fortune 500 companies are fraternity men.
- The majority (71 percent) of those listed in Who’s Who in America are fraternity men.
- Seventy-six percent of current United States senators and congressmen are fraternity men.
- Forty percent of the 47 Supreme Court justices since 1910 have been fraternity men.
- One hundred of the 158 cabinet members since 1900 have been fraternity men.
- All but nine United States Presidents since 1825 have been fraternity men.
Acacia participates in summer recruitment annually. On occasion, and contingent upon the schedule of the active chapter, we may choose to participate in spring recruitment. Interested applicants, however, are highly encouraged to participate in summer rush activities in preparation for the fall pledge program that takes place each year.
Electronic applications to participate in the University of Nebraska Lincoln’s Fraternity Summer Rush program can be completed at any time during the year by accessing the University’s site at Greek Ignite. Paper applications for mail-in submission are also available online. Typically following the end of the spring semester, The Office of Greek Affairs will then distribute your application to fraternities across campus for selection. Greek Affairs is able to assist you with application processes and questions at (402) 472-2582.
Recruits with concerns, questions, or interests in or about Acacia’s summer rush program, visiting the house, or the recruitment process are encouraged to contact the rush chairmen directly. In order to do so, you may use the submission link on the top right of the page to provide our committee with your contact information. Should you choose, you are also more than welcome to call or text our chairmen using the contact information provided on the bio page.
The Nebraska Chapter of Acacia is currently housed at 2255 Vine Street (the corners of 23rd and Vine) in Lincoln, Nebraska, just two blocks West of City Campus. The house features one floor of living and entertainment space, with two additional floors of housing space. Rooms at Acacia are spacious and house up to two individuals. We are the only fraternity to have a full-size sand volleyball court, half-court basketball area and the largest parking lot (all free with membership)!
Our living space features a full service kitchen, dining hall, academic room, game room, and TV/video center. Thanks to the generosity of our alumni, much of the living space is decorated with new luxury furniture and electronics, including a high definition television, Foosball table, and custom made pool table. Stop by the house today and take a tour!
Take a Virtual Tour!
Acacia Fraternity is constantly seeking the best and brightest men at Nebraska for membership. Most of our recruitment process takes place during the summer, but we always welcome recruits. Acacia seeks men who have the potential to excel academically during their college careers, who will strive to be active in campus and fraternity activities, and who give back to their community by exemplifying our motto of “Human Service.”
Connect With Us